Re: dselect tutorial

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 10:00:44AM -0700, Logan Hall wrote:
> Has dselect changed much? or am i safe getting the slink dselect tutorial?
> Also can any body tell me how dselect goes about installing the packages from
> the ftp site over ppp?  Because i would like to let it run over night while i
> am sleeping (so i can get up for class tomarrow), but the tutorial mentions
> something about answering config questions.  Thanks for your help so far

Heu, ...

I guess that the apt-get method will use apt-get to retrieve packages.

apt-get will first download all needed stuff, and once that is done will
install and setup it, eventually asking questions.

It will copy all stuff in /var/cache/apt/archive though, so you will have to
provide enough space fior it.

root@lambda:~# du -sk /var/cache/apt/archives/
232538  /var/cache/apt/archives

Friendly,