Re: architecture not supported (sigh)

hi, hre i am (again),

Scavenging the mail folder uncovered Kazunori Miura's letter:
> Federico Di Gregorioさんが00.1.21 9:35 PMに書きました:
> >5. dibootstrap welcomes me by saying that my architecture is not
> >   supported yet, and reboots...
> >
> >what does that means? isn't a g3 just a ppc? or not? it is the g3
> >of a friend of mine and i don't know very much about macs.
>
> Please test this ramdisk
>
> ftp://ppc.linux.or.jp/pub/users/kazumio/test/ram_macfdisk.image.gz

tested. a little bit late, but tested. same error, dbootstrap startup
and the *first* thingie on the screen is the error "This arch is not yet
supported." then machine reboots. i can install everything by hand,
i already did it, but... where can i find a ramdisk that at least give
me a shell?

thank you very much,
federico

p.s. i am planning to do some serious boot-disk hacking on powermac,
when i have at least *one* machine installed...

--
Federico Di Gregorio
MIXAD LIVE System Programmer                           fog@mixadlive.com