Re: rlogin & $(HOME)/.rhosts

FASSINO Jean-Philippe wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with rlogin.
> When i want to go on another machine, the $(HOME)/.rhosts file does not
> work. And  i must give my password.
> Does somebody know this problem and set it ??
>
> Thanks
>
> JP

I had similar trouble with rsh.  I'm not sure if it's available for
debian PPC, but I would suggest adding

deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib
non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib
non-free

(or better, a mirror) to /etc/apt/sources.list and installing ssh.
Works great for me.

--
"Picture the sun as the origin of two intersecting 6-dimensional
hyperplanes from which we can deduce a certain transformational