architecture not supported (sigh)
i am trying to run debian on a g3 notebook and i did as follows:
1. downloaded kernel, drivers, base2_2.tgz, bootx, etc...
2. booting does not work, doenloaded g3 linux from linuxppc.org
3. rename root.bin to ramdisk.image.gz
4. booting now does work, it even loads the ramdisk
5. dibootstrap welcomes me by saying that my architecture is not
supported yet, and reboots...
what does that means? isn't a g3 just a ppc? or not? it is the g3
of a friend of mine and i don't know very much about macs.
p.s. please, leave me in the cc, i am not on this list...
Federico Di Gregorio
MIXAD LIVE System Programmer email@example.com
Debian GNU/Linux Developer & Italian Press Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All programmers are optimists. -- Frederick P. Brooks, Jr.