Re: modutils v2.3.9-2 is broken

--- Sergio Brandano <sb@dcs.qmw.ac.uk> wrote:

> >If it does fail for you, post the output.
>
>  I posted it already in my initial message, however...

Oh, must have overlooked it, sorry.

> running dpkg --pending --configure ...
> Setting up modutils (2.3.9-2) ...
> Architecture-specific modutils configuration not found, using defaults
> depmod: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented

This last line is the problem, not the one above. Does your kernel have
loadable modules enabled?

> Setting up console-data (1999.08.29-9) ...
> grep: /proc/hardware: No such file or directory

This one is really broken, /proc/hardware seems to be available only on APUS
(and m68k).

Michel

=====
"Software is like sex; it's better when it's free"
 -- Linus Torvalds

"If you continue running Windows, your system may become unstable."
 -- Windows 95 BSOD