console-data broken for PowerPC

I get the following error when installing console-data:

Please report this bug: no keymaps described for architecture powerpc/
in /var/lib/dpkg/info/console-data, config line 652, <STDIN> chunk 4.

Any idea where I can get a console-data working for PowerPC?

I then get an error when configuring console-tools, which is probably
related to the above: after asking me if I want the kernel's
default keymap to be loaded, the script just freezes and doesn't
do anything no matter what I type, I have to exit through
control-C.

I noticed that after I rebooted, the console became extremely slow to refresh,
compared to when I was running the install.