Re: specific to Hartmut Kuptein

I just obtained the latest 2.2.12 kernel images from

ftp://ftp.ppc.kernel.org/pub/linuxppc/kernel-images/v2.2.12-990820/

and tried both prep and chrp on this machine.  They both had the same
net result (hung the machine on what appears as a graphics error, but
don't really know).  However, the prep diskette seemed to be read by
the boot-up process for a much longer period of time which may imply
that it is the correct machine type.  Just what does a chrp boot image
on the AIX CD really mean anyway?

>BTW, I did some searching around and still can't find anything that
>clearly states what architecture a 40P is.  Just some vague references to
>them working under Linux.  Seems that is a 43P is PReP arch then a 40P
>would be as well. But who am I to know what the "P" signifies?
>
>--
>Matt Porter
>mmporter@home.com
>This is Linux Country. On a quiet night, you can hear Windows reboot.

|James D. Freels, P.E._i, Ph.D. |Phone:  (423)576-8645 |   | L | A |
|Oak Ridge National Laboratory  |FAX:    (423)574-9172 | H | I | L |
|Research Reactors Division     |work e-m: fea@ornl.gov| F | N | P |
|P. O. Box 2008                 |home e-m: fea@icx.net | I | U | H |
|Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831-6392|world's best neutrons | R | X | A |