Re: Can Debian run in IMacs?

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999 10:14:56 Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:
>BTW, anyone in this list already running Linux (or better Debian) in a IMac. Or I'll
>have to be the first? :)
> 	Have a nice day,		Paulo Henrique

happily running debian here on this imac.  to install follow these instructions
with the base2_1.tgz

www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-powerpc-9902/msg00100.html

www.infodrom.north.de/~joey/Linux/Debian/master/powerpc/install.html

You'll find there is no keyboard support so copy the keymap from the uusbd patch
to /etc/kbd/ and rename to default.map

directory permissions will be messed up so study the policy manual to get them right

Also consider dowloading all of base (well no kernels) and manually upgrading with
dpkg once you got something bootable and before running dselect.

good luck