Re: Xfree 3.3.3.1

Previously Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> One thing I would like to note. The fact that Sven created the packages
> for powerpc, somehow gives us a headstart. By the time the first official
> 3.3.3 packages are out, we -that is debian/ppc- will be using 3.3.3 for
> some time and will have bug fixes, suggestions, etc.

I probably don't need to say this, but I'll do it anyway: this is great
of course, as long as those patches and fixes are send back the Branden
again.

> If it agreeable with the rest, I propose that once Sven has been quite
> sure about the packages and they have had some testing, we should make
> this known, Slashdot/Freshmeat anyone?

I disagree: this will make it seem like Debian is fracturing and that
ports are competing against each other.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl