Problems with apt/dpkg

Since soem days I have problems DL'ing packages from my debian mirror.
Every package is rejected with a bad md5sum after download. When I test
the consistency with gzip, everything is fine. The packages actually DO work.

The really strange thing is this: when I download the packages by FTP and
transfer them to /var/apt/cache, everything is fine. THEN the md5sums are
considered correct.

The problems started some days ago. They do not depend on the mirror I use.