iMac & XF86Config

Hi all,

Well, I've been working at it all week, and I think I've finally got potato
up and running on my iMac. Well, with one (rather large) exception: X!

Since there is no Debian PPC utility for generating an XF86Config file,
I've been searching around the net for one. The best I found was:

Unfortunately, I can't get it to work. This is part of the message it gives
me when I try to execute startx:

(**) FBDEV: Graphics device ID: "Linux Frame Buffer Device"
(**) FBDEV: Monitor ID: "iMac monitor"
(**) FBDEV: Using XF86Config video mode database
(--) FBDEV: Removing mode "1024x768" from list of valid modes.
(--) FBDEV: Removing mode "800x600" from list of valid modes.

Fatal server error:
No valid modes found.

Sigh. Any ideas? Anyone? I thought it might be because I had "No video
driver" checked in BootX, but when I removed that and added the arguement
"video-atyfb:vmode:12,cmode:8" my monitor was disabled and I had to
login/shutdown blind.

If someone has a XF86Config file that would work for my iMac or any tips on
how to fix my file to work, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Nathan Olsen

"It is our nature to put all knowledge into context in order to tell
a story, and to re-create the world by this means."

                     --Edward O. Wilson, _Consilience_