iMac & XF86Config

Hi all,

Well, I've been working at it all week, and I think I've finally got potato
up and running on my iMac. Well, with one (rather large) exception: X!

Since there is no Debian PPC utility for generating an XF86Config file,
I've been searching around the net for one. The best I found was:

http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/yellowdog/imaclinux/X/XF86Config.
imac

Unfortunately, I can't get it to work. This is part of the message it gives
me when I try to execute startx:

(**) FBDEV: Graphics device ID: "Linux Frame Buffer Device"
(**) FBDEV: Monitor ID: "iMac monitor"
(**) FBDEV: Using XF86Config video mode database
(--) FBDEV: Removing mode "1024x768" from list of valid modes.
(--) FBDEV: Removing mode "800x600" from list of valid modes.

Fatal server error:
No valid modes found.

Sigh. Any ideas? Anyone? I thought it might be because I had "No video
driver" checked in BootX, but when I removed that and added the arguement
"video-atyfb:vmode:12,cmode:8" my monitor was disabled and I had to
login/shutdown blind.

If someone has a XF86Config file that would work for my iMac or any tips on
how to fix my file to work, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Nathan Olsen
nolsen@csulb.edu

"It is our nature to put all knowledge into context in order to tell
a story, and to re-create the world by this means."

                     --Edward O. Wilson, _Consilience_