Re: RS6K

On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 05:08:08PM -0700, Cort Dougan wrote:
> Ack!  I don't get this with that drop on the F50 I have.

Hmm:-/

> Grab the latest us.kernel.org (2.2.14-pre4) and do a make
> common_config and you'll have the .config for 'em (just add smp in
> xconfig).

Tried a number of configurations.  Doesn't even get out of the OF
black on white screen.

For my own knowledge, do you have any idea what the difference might
be between kernels that do break out of the OF screen and those that
don't?  I would love to compare my .config with the those used to
build the stuff in kernel-images, but there are no sources there that
appear relevant.

BTW, any recommendations on a good kernel for an iMac?  I procured one
that will, hopefully, become a kernel factory for the RS6K, so I don't
have to reboot each time I have to recompile a kernel.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton            (    Circa mea pectora
davidw@prosa.it            )    multa sunt suspiria