pmac-fdisk required?

Any reason why this is required?  I can't see using it on my RS6K.

pmac-fdisk - Apple disk partition manipulation tool for PowerPC

The fdisk utilities from the MkLinux project, adopted for Linux/ppc.
Pmac-fdisk allows you to create and edit the partition table of a
disk. It supports the PC partition format as used on PowerPC. It is an
interactive tool similar to PC fdisk.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton            (    Circa mea pectora
davidw@prosa.it            )    multa sunt suspiria