Re: blender-powerpc does not install

>the blender-powerpc package does not install for me.
>
>I get :
>dpkg (subprocess): unable to execute post-installation script: Exec format error
>dpkg: error processing blender-powerpc (--configure):
> subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
>
>I have installed the blender-powerpc archive from www.blender.nl in /usr/local.
>This could be the reason.

I get the same error. I believe its a packaging mistake - if you add #!/bin/sh
to the control scripts for this package in /var/lib/dpkg/ it fixes the problem.

as always,
nick-r

nick@grawk.net
 "... So despite the verbal fireworks and philosophical disputes,
  we're all hackers together. What unites us is more important than
  what divides us." -- Eric S. Raymond