Re: Anyone working on gcc 2.95.2?

On Thu, Oct 21, 1999 at 05:59:30PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> Oops, I've gotten behind again :)
>
> I'm generally the one who fixes this.  I'll sit down with the toolchain
> tonight if I'm feeling a little healthier.

Ok, just checking if it was in somebody's queue. :)  Hope you feel better.

Anyway, I talked to Franz and he's saying that all of his patches are
incorporated into 2.95.2 so it sounds like we only need to retain the
DWARF patch, your patch for weak local branches, and that generic
library prefix patch.

I supplied some fixes for libnewt-perl to build on powerpc that were
related to varargs which built on x86 and powerpc, but with the new
version my fixes need to change.  va_copy() is no longer available,
just __va_copy() yet that doesn't work pre 2.95.2.  Argghhh.  Looking
at the history of the varargs problems I feel like 2.95.2 is the light at
the end of the tunnel...I hope I'm right.

Thanks,
--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com