Re: potato boot-floppies for powerpc uploaded

See http://www.debian.org/devel/incoming_mirrors

> Anyway, what do you figure my "architecture not supported thing has to
> do with?

It's a boot-floppies check of /proc/cpuinfo.  Looking at the kernel I think
your probably claims it is "machine:	PowerMac" which is not handled yet
in boot-floppies.  I'll fix it for the next release.  There may still be
a problem since one thing the pmac kernel code does is use getprops to
check the "model" string in OF, I believe.  That will return some thing
different than "PowerMac" in the machine line if it is not NULL.

I you have another Linux boot image like from LinuxPPC that you can boot
and then cat /proc/cpuinfo to tell me what a beige G3 returns that would
help, otherwise maybe Ben H. can chime in regarding what the possible values
are for this field on the newer pmacs.

--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com