Re: Kernel questions and X lockups..

Nick 'Terror on the High Seas' Rusnov wrote:

> Hi, I've been using Debian/PPC for a bit, and have noticed some annoying
> things about Xpmac on my G3... after a certain amount of usage, it locks up
> in kind of a funky way.. the mouse still moves, sometimes I can move windows
> and things, but new programs won't start, and running programs stop
> responding. This is esp. associated with Netscape 4.6, but I'm not sure if
> thats not my imagination.

Do you use a font server (xfs) ? I used to have similar problems, they
disappeared as soon as I stopped using xfs. I guess it was in fact xfs which
hanged.

Michel

--
Apologies are so hard to give. Would you accept some potatoes instead?
Michel Dänzer                             ///           mdaenzer@earthling.net