Re: what about cdrecord ?

quango@watervalley.net writes:
> > I have recompiled the kernel (APUS 2.2.10) with #define SHMMAX
> > 0x2000000, but now the system hangs when I try to write an image in
> > xcdroast. Are there other parameters to adjust, too? Or is this an
> > APUS specific problem?
>
> Reliable CD recording is something of a black art.  8X recording on my

This is not about reliability. The kernel hangs (no heartbeat) before even the
CD starts rotating in the burner. It seems to be a memory managment problem. I
definitely don't think this is a xcdroast or cdwrite or cdrecord problem.
--
Frank Petzold, IBM Zurich Research Laboratory, Säumerstrasse 4,
CH-8803 Rüschlikon/Switzerland, Tel.  +41-1-724-84-42  Fax.   +41-1-724-89-56