gcc 2.95 & building kernels

You shouldn't build kernels with gcc 2.95 yet. I did it and the result
randomly crashed hard on me. The same kernel with the same config, built with
egcs 1.1.2, works fine.

If you want to build 2.2.x with gcc 2.95, you must at least check that the top
level Makefile's CFLAGS contains -fno-strict-aliasing.

Michel

--
The computer revolution is over. The computers won.
Michel Dänzer                             ///           mdaenzer@earthling.net