Re: New hwclock.sh for powerpc

On Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 06:24:14PM -0700, Joel Klecker wrote:
> I worked this script out to address the problem we have on powerpc
> with the different hardware clock programs.
> This should use `clock' on Power Macs and `hwclock' on CHRP.
> Please test it so I can add it to 'powerpc-utils' if it works.
>
> For those who care, my plan is to have powerpc-utils divert the
> hwclock.sh that util-linux installs.
>
> (I suggest renaming the old /etc/init.d/hwclock.sh out of the way
> before copying this one in its place.)

Joel,

Thanks for doing this.  It's a nuisance to have to fix this by hand.

BTW, does anyone know why support for the powermac's clock hasn't been added
to hwclock?  That seems like the obvious solution.  I mean, why not have just
one clock setting program that works for all machines?  I know that the
powermac's clock is accessed via /dev/adb instead of /dev/rtc, but why should
that matter?

Greg

--
Greg Johnson                          gjohnson@physics.clarku.edu