Re: xfree86-1_3.3.4 now compiles on powerpc, mach64 mess fixed, patch included.

On Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 02:40:34PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:

> > I never said it needed to be rejected, I just said add #if's around it, which was
> > contructive and solved both problems. You cannot have it in regmach64.h even with
> > the #if's around it for sparc, I tried it and it wont pick it up for some reason.
>
> Maybe it would be better to solve that problem. regmach64.h is included from
> mach64.h i think, into mach64im.c.

The problem is that regmach64.h should be regmach64.c (as it was orignally coded)
but for some reason it has been patched up this way. Atleast this is my take on it.
With all the macros and defines across several includes, mac64im.c just wont pick
it up for sparc.

> There is an #ifdef FBDEV around the whole regxxx stuff. Do you build an fbdev
> server on sparc or a normal one ? There should be no reason it don't works.

No, it's a normal server.

> Also one question is what kind of stuff will be included in the upstream source
> ? Are you also a xfree member ?

The sparc stuff is not from upstream, so I have no idea what they will do upstream
and no I'm not and xfree member.

> > Please just have it to where it stays in mach64im.c with #ifdef __sparc__ around
> > it.
>
> If we cannot find another solution, i will do that.

Thanks.