RE: FAQ, iMac

Yes, linux runs on the iMac.
But only in a hacked version.
The current kernel sources do not yet support the USB ports of the iMac and
that means no
mouse and worse, no keyboard (I was stupid enough to build and install such
a kernel)

For more information see http://www.linuxppc.com/iMac/ (this is RedHat Linux
for iMac)
I used this install to make a small bootable Linux system.
After that I downloaded some debian packages and made it a debian
installation.
This conversion needed the help of an an already working Linux PC to get
some things right.
With a Linux-PC as internet-router I can use dselect on the iMac and keep
the installation current.
I also run X-windows with a lot of Gnome stuff.
And I use BootX to boot linux from within MacOS.

	Erwin