Re: Phase 5 Statement on Linux for PowerPC

On Thu, Aug 19, 1999 at 03:45:48PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> It's not that simple: AGP belongs on the host bridge. It's not like a PCI/ISA
> bridge. VIA makes ia32 host bridges only.

It's my understanding that the AGP goes on the south bridge, as opposed to the
north bridge. I honestly don't know which of those is host vs whatever. I'm not
a chipset guy *that* much. ;)  Anyways, either way, the basic code should be
adaptable to PowerPC. So long as we can get pin-for-pin electronic compatibility
and we can get any AGP-specific instructions ported, we'll be okay.

Also, never ever leave me alone on a T1 with a browser and a task.
http://www.ixmicro.com/ - all the PPC video cards you could imagine.

--
-Phillip R. Jaenke, Systems Administrator, Nexbell Communications
 AIX/BSDI/DG-UX/HP-UX/Linux(Debian)/SCO/Xenix/Xenix286