Re: Modem and the Lombard G3

On Wed, Aug 18, 1999, Sergio Brandano <sb@dcs.qmw.ac.uk> wrote:

>The device is there, but still it does not work.
>I have an old script that was just fine with a
>previous version of pppd. Now things seem to be
>slightly different and the ppp daemon complaints
>for lack of dialtone. There is dialtone, however.
>I used pppconfig, but still it does not work.
>The modem is perfectly fine under MacOS.
> Any advise? (I am in Italy now)

You need to give the modem a little tempo for it to power up before
sending the various initialisation strings. This may be the cause of your
problem. MacOS takes care of this by hard-blocking the machine when
opening the driver. At least, this is how it works with the wallstreet,
but I think it's the same modem in the Lombard.

--
           Perso. e-mail: <mailto:bh40@calva.net>
           Work   e-mail: <mailto:benh@mipsys.com>