Real Time Device and kernel 2.2.11

Hi all,
I installed the latest kernel. The patch for
the ethernet has been finally included, which
is a great relief. Now the problem is, at least
with my Lombard, that the /dev/rtc does not
work at all. This is a major problem, as there
does not seem to be other ways of reading the
clock signal, and at each reboot, I have to
insert the date by hand. Yes, the kernel has
been compiled also for the rtc device, which
in turn has been created as described in the
kernel docs. How are things for you?

Sergio