Re: About PowerPC processors

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, you wrote:
> > > 	Motorola has some interesting PCI motherboards with
> > SCSI integrated.
> >
> > Where can these be purchased?  Does any manufacturer sell
> > non-Macintosh PowerPC systems on which Linux/PPC can be run?
>
> 	I've read about them probably at http://slashdot.org./ or
> http://mot.com./ -- search and good luck!  Some time ago both Motorola and
> IBM sold PPC systems, do not know if they still do.

Motorola has never quit selling Linux-capable PowerPC systems.  See
http://www.mcg.mot.com for more info.  Every board that is sold can run
Linux.  I suppose you want ATX form factor so take a look at the MTX
boards.  There are systems available based on these boards, as well.
Avnet is one of a few distributors of boards and systems that one can buy
a single unit from.  If you go to LinuxWorld, you can see it for yourself.
:)

AFAIK, IBM still sells plenty of Linux-capable PowerPC systems.
Especially since they have Cort doing the porting to them.  There is a
public announcment somewhere on IBM's web pages.

--
Matt Porter                                       Motorola Computer Group
matt_porter@mcg.mot.com                           CIBU Linux Support