Re: postgresql-6.5 beta3

On Fri, Jul 09, 1999 at 09:52:28PM +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> Robert Ramiega wrote:
>   >On Wed, Jun 09, 1999 at 05:17:48PM +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:
>   >> The latest beta release (6.5 beta3) is currently being uploaded to
>   >
>   > Postgresql packages for PowerPC are buggy because they cannot destroydb. Th
>       >is
>   >can be solved by turning off optimisation (that is using -O instead of -O2)
>   >as was done for Alpha.
>   >
> Does this need to be done globally? or only for destroydb?
 To be honest i don't know. I'm not on any postgresql mailing lists (my friend
is and he forwarded me posting from one of them; here is excerpt from the
 From: Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] ERROR:  typeidTypeRelid: Invalid type - oid = 0
To: "David R. Favor" <dfavor@austin.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 15:05:04 -0400 (EDT)
CC: "Matt Magoffin (Borders Online)" <mmagoffi@borders.com>,
        "'pgsql-general@postgresql.org'" <pgsql-general@postgreSQL.org>,
        "'dfavor@gate.corridor.com'" <dfavor@gate.corridor.com>

We have updated template/linux_ppc with:

        CFLAGS:-O0 -mieee # optimization -O2 removed because of egcs problem

We understand the cause.  It is our bug, not egcs.  egcs is just better
at optimization on that platform than most.

 So they turned off optimisation globally, maybe turning ot of for destroydb
would suffice?

 Robert Ramiega   | robert@pdi.net    IRC: _Jedi_ | Don't underestimate