Re: Sound?

Howdy,

Thanks for the reply.  I can't find sndvolmix on a Debian system, but I've
tried aumix and still no success.  I hear nothing through the speakers on
the iMac or through earphones I plug in.  BTW, why would I want to mute
internal speakers and put max volume on phone jack for?

Here's the output of "cat /dev/sndstat":
ACS rev 100) DMA sound driver:
        sound.format = 0x8 (unsigned 8 bit)
        sound.speed = 8000Hz (phys. 44100Hz)
        sound.stereo = 0x0 (mono)
        sq.block_size = 32768 sq.max_count = 4 sq.max_active = 4
        sq.count = 0 sq.rear_size = 24244
        sq.playing = 0 sq.syncing = 0

It appears as if the sound driver is loaded, but again I don't hear anything
at all.