Re: PowerBook G3 400Mhz

> Hello,
>
> could you please tell me where do I get
> debian for the G3 processor?

DebianPPC works on all G3 *processors*, but you won't be so lucky:

> I will buy the PowerBook G3 400 at the end of the
> week, and I need to install linux on it.

Here's where you're going to run into problems.  Unless something happened
recently that I don't know about, DebianPPC won't work on the new bronze
PowerBooks.  Not because of the processor--because of the ROM.  I'm not sure
if they're working on that right now or not, but it won't run at all for a
bit and it probably won't run *stably* for a little while after that.

> Also, is the ethernet working with it?

Read above.

> Are there any problems/limitations
> I should be aware of?

If you want to run DebianPPC on a WallStreet/PDQ (aka Apple PowerBook G3
Series 1998 Edition), then you can.  I have (almost) successfully done so,
but have invariably screwed it up at one junction or another.

Hope this helps in some way.

Best regards,

--
Kyle R. Green