Re: XFree86 and ATI accel.

Sven LUTHER wrote:

> There are still some problems with some ATI boards with the accelerated X
> server i made.

Yepp,
(please excuse my bad english)

on my powerbook g3/233 with ati rage-lt I'm unable to run your server
accellerated..

dmesg:

[...]
MacOS display is /pci/ATY,RageLTPro
Using unsupported 1024x768 ATY,RageLTPro at 82800800, depth=16,
pitch=2048
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 128x48
fb0: Open Firmware frame buffer device on /pci/ATY,RageLTPro
[...]

startx:

[...]
(**) FBDev: Using default frame buffer video mode
(--) FBDev: Frame buffer device: OFfb ATY,RageLT
(--) FBDev: Video memory: 1536K @ 0x82800800
(--) FBDev: MMIO regs: 0K @ (nil)
(--) FBDev: Type 0 type_aux 0 bits_per_pixel 16
(--) FBDev: Hardware accelerator: None
(--) FBDev: No driver support for hardware acceleration
bpp = 16, depth = 15, BitsPerRGB = 5
(--) FBDev: Using cfb16 driver
[...]

fbset -i
Frame buffer device information:
    Name        : OFfb ATY,RageLT
    Address     : 0x82800800
    Size        : 1572864
    Type        : PACKED PIXELS
    Visual      : TRUECOLOR
    XPanStep    : 0
    YPanStep    : 0
    YWrapStep   : 0
    LineLength  : 2048
    Accelerator : No

I use a standard/dumb XF86Config copied from examples. So I don't force
any parameter in this file. I have also tried to force -mach64 in xinit
but this param don't work in this server.

Using the hacked Xpmac-990203-glibc1.99 with linuxppc work fine
(accellerated) on my mac under linuxppc r4

Any suggestion to get accellerated?

best regards,
igor

--