Fwd: Re: MySQL and -*-R5

  Hi!
 I just found below included message on UseNet. I'll try that later today...
(it's all about errors while trying to install MySQL i posted some time ago)

Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 14:33:23 -0600
From: "Darron Froese" <darron@calgary.westworld.ca>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.powerpc
Subject: Re: MySQL and -*-R5

In article <7jh6jh$ebr$1@news.NERO.NET> , edstrom@Poopsie.hmsc.orst.edu
(John Edstrom) wrote:

> In article <m3u2sn6fjw.fsf@felix.bitstream.net>,
>  jfb@bitstream.net writes:
>>
>> I'm trying to install MySQL (version 3.22.22) on a Wallstreet
>> Powerbook G3.  What happens, is that the install fails at the
>> $BUILDDIR/scripts/mysql_install_db stage.
>>

> I get beyond that stage, but I still can't get the daemon to run.  So,
> to answer your question, there are larger issues here.  I wish I knew
> what they were. 6931

Try commenting out the LFS section of the configure script and recompiling.
Make sure that you remove the *.cache files in the directory - or better yet
- start from a fresh source tree.

Both the PPC and Sparc have problems with LFS on mysql - when I commented
out that section (it's a single paragraph in configure) it compiles and
starts just fine.

Hope that helps.

--
Darron