Re: XFree86 just broke on PB3400 (Fri 5/28/99 AM (US))

In article <[🔎] 19990530120959.X24767@isis.isis.de>,
Hartmut.Koptein@t-online.de (Hartmut Koptein) wrote:

>Please test the new version; should be available in the next two days.

Funny enough: after I started my system today, I didn't get the old
message, but the "fixed font" message. So I recapitulated, what really
happened yesterday:

- installed new 2.2.7 with Mac-on-Linux-patches
- started X windows
=> did work ok
- apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade
- X didn't work, message was that no valid mode could be found
- downgraded to 2.2.1 kernel
- restarted today, noted "fixed font" message
- applied fix
=> X runs again

weird. Very weird. Ok, since 2.2.7 brought me again that pesky "eth0
reentering interrupt handler", I stick to 2.2.1, as that is currently the
most stable kernel on my machine. But it is weird, nontheless. Will be
interesting to note what happens if I upgrade to the recent X in a few
days ;-)

bye, Georg
--
Debian/PPC - the biggest adventure of mankind

--
http://www.westfalen.de/hugo/