Re: Are the Mac G3 laptops viable now?

I can't speak for Debian, but LinuxPPC R4 and higher are quite useable.  I run
it every day, at home and at the office on my PowerBook G3 Series.  And now that
Mac-On-Linux is working, and Sheepshaver is in the works, you'll be able to have
the best of both worlds, run Linux and fire up MacOS whenever you need to.

I can use accelerated X at 1024 x 768, the modem works, etc.  Sound doesn't work
very well, but I'm not really worried about that.

At this moment, you can't use Netscape with the glibc2.1 versions (LinuxPPC
pre-R5 and Yellowdog and Debian, I believe), so if you really need that you'll
have to use LinuxPPC 4.x.

I'd say go for it!

Hugh