Re: xserver-fbdev 3.3.3.1 error

On Wed, May 05, 1999 at 12:03:12PM +0300, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:

> On Wed, 05 May 1999, Sven LUTHER wrote:
>
> > > just a note, the unoffical one from powerpc.debian.org had ATI Mach
> > > (Accelerated) as well as a few others in the  mfb, afb, cfb8, cfb16, cfb32
> > > line, are they still in their (and hidden) or not?
> >
> > I guess not, ...
> >
> > i added them by applying Geert's patch, and if the new server don't display it, it
> > is because they are no more there ...
> >
> > If you want i can build the new server with this patch added, and put it somewhere
> > Unless we can convince the X team to add them ...
>
> As I stated earlier, my fb display is NOT mach64 but valkyrie. So it cannot
> and does not use the acceleration provided for mach64. As for Geert's
> patches, these are included in the 3.3.3.1 tree, AFAIK.

I guess you misunderstoof, the author of the mail surely was complaining that he
don't see acceleration anymore on his ATI based servers ... And this comes because
Geert's patches are not part of 3.3.3.1, at least not in january when i built the
first batch of 3.3.3.1 servers for powerpc.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER