Re: My rs/6000

Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:

>         And what about a IBM rs/6000 250?
>         Is possible to install Debian Linux in such machine? With XWindow?
>         I'm wondering because I have a lot of these machines here at school.
>         Thank you,              Paulo Henrique

No, not until someone can get me one to physically play with, as well as
getting IBM to give me POWER2/P2SC documentation. It's an unsupported
architecture till this time. The Power250 is another POWER2. The
Power260 is a POWER3, pester Cort Dougan about that. IBM's supposed to
be giving him help with that. When in doubt, http://www.austin.ibm.com/
has specs.

-prj