Re: FTP problems

Hallo,

If you are using recursive-get, that means you are getting entire
directories. Try getting directory.tar (gz would probably not be
worthwhile). Many FTP servers can tar a directory on the fly, and hopefully
they will follow the symlinks while doing so, not just include the symlinks.
Otherwise, I agree with whoever said to use an http mirror. I still have a
thing against file transfers via HTTP, but it seems like it just generally
works so much better - connecting faster, mostly - that I am using it more
and more often.

Peter

--
Peter Abrahamsen