Re: Gtk1.2 colo_selection widget crashes X on planar amifb fbdev X server
- To: Geert Uytterhoeven <Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: Alan Cox <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, devel@XFree86.Org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Gtk1.2 colo_selection widget crashes X on planar amifb fbdev X server
- From: Sven LUTHER <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 11:45:36 +0100
- Message-id: <19990309114536.C9424@maxime.u-strasbg.fr>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>; from Geert Uytterhoeven on Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 11:37:26AM +0100
- References: <19990309112457.A9334@maxime.u-strasbg.fr> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 11:37:26AM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 03:12:27PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > > > i have been noticing that the color_selection widget from gtk1.2 (but also
> > > > gtk1.1) is crashing my X server (XF68_FBDEV 22.214.171.124, on top of amifb).
> > > >
> > > > I don't know if this is an X server bug, a bug in gtk1.2, not handling well
> > > > planar displays, or even a egcs bug when building gtk or the X server ...
> > >
> > > If the X server crahses its an X server bug. X11 is required to send you an
> > > error for anything stupid you tell it to do
> > >
> > Signal 11 error ?
> > i guess it is a generalized problem, since gnome-panel crashes also, and
> > strangely, it even crahses the server when i relaunch it a second time, after
> > few seconds ... :(
> > Kars de Jong tells me it is a afb planar bug triggered by shared memory
> > extension.
> > Who should i be in contact with to solve this, or to help me solve it myself ?
> Euh... me. But the last time I looked at the afb code was in 1995. And as
> usual, I don't have time. Perhaps you can contact the NetBSD-Amiga guys? They
> wrote the afb code in the first place.
ok tell me where to look in the X server and how to contact the NetBSD-AMiga
guys, no that i have a lot of time also, but then i only have aga left to work
at home, ...