Re: glib, gtk and package depending on them ...

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Sven LUTHER wrote:
>hello, ...
>
> Like said before, i am recompiling most glib/gtk packages that are around, and
> each version of them is a package all in itself.
>
> What should we do for packages that depend on gtk+/glib ? should we recompile
> them everytime there is a new gtk+/glib version choose one gtk+/glib version,
> compile everything for it, and then later after a few releases, when we have
> time again, we choose another gtk+/glib version and recompile everything
> against it ?

I have set up a simple environment which allows to use both 1.0.x and 1.1.x
GTK+/glib stuff. I use *-1.1 and *-1.0 suffices for all files/directories and
then a small script sets up symlinks to either of them.

Unfortunately, a) dpkg now thinks the stuff is broken and b) this gets all
messed up when I install new GTK/glib packages.

What do you think about my approach?

Michel

--
Why drink & drive when you can smoke and fly?!
Michel Dänzer                             ///           mdaenzer@earthling.net