Re: Debian-PPC on PReP

Dear Mr.Valette and Mr.Koptein

Thank you for your answers.

Return for :
"VALETTE Eric" <valette@crf.canon.fr> @ " Re: Debian-PPC on PReP "
date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 11:24:42 +0100 (CET) >>>

>Hartmut> After uploading the kernel-images i'll do more for the boot-floppies. But as i wrote,
>Hartmut> i can test it only on CHRP. But bootp/tftp booting should then also be possible.
>
>Thanks for the work!. I'm running debian ~2.1 on a MCP750 (motorola CompactPCI Prep G3 machine)
>and a powerMac DT 300. May I ask for a more recent version of base_install.tgz. I guess
>it will come when you make the new bootfloppies... I must install a new machine a the
>first update is always a problem due to bugs in perl install

I have some questions for your mails.
1.Where to get base_install.tgz
2.Bootp needs some other Unix machine?

If you have an installer for Mac, or initrd ramdisk.image.gz, I may be able to make boot-
floppy for Debian/PReP&CHRP, to use linux2.2.1 source.
Are there any PowerPC(mac) install ramdisk-image?

Thanks.
Kaz Aoshima = PReP station
Material deveropment, Faculty of engineering,
Tohoku University, Japan
E-mail:aoshimak@mail.cc.tohoku.ac.jp