hmmm.

Ok. After some fun with Open Firmware, I can boot as I like. However, I
have grown impatient of the X 3.3.3 debian relase, and have installed the
bastard version.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to have a /dev/fb* device. And Xpmac doesn't
work, of course. Please, what are the correct arguments to mknod to create
the frame buffer device?

thanks,

kirstin

(hmm. I don't see a deb xemacs anywhere. n.b. xemacs 20.4 does not
configure on ppc. But 21.0 is quite stable. But it has it's own packaging
system. What to do.)

--
New Year's Eve is the time of year when a man most feels his age,
and his wife most often reminds him to act it.