anacron madness

Hi everybody

I've seen a posting about this before: anacron doesn't work on my box. On
contrary to what the manpage says, it neither forks nor sends mail nor writes
anything into the syslog, thus hanging the machine during init. Is this a
known problem? Can it be fixed somehow? I ask because anacron would be handy
for machines that aren't up 24h a day (like mine), right?

Greetings

Michel

--
The only thing that stops God from sending another flood is that
the first one was useless.

Michel Dänzer                             ///           mdaenzer@earthling.net
                                     __  ///
Student of computer science at the   \\\///   Team *AMIGA*      ICQ #: 5675698
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology \\\/               IRC: CoOpER / dALEb33