Re: Hi!

On Fri, Dec 04, 1998 at 10:08:03AM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> If you want to become a developer, I recommend that you (A) Join the
> -devel and -mentors lists, (B) Read the information in Developer's
> Corner on the web site.  I believe someone tried to pakage ghc, but I
> could be mistaken; ask on -devel.

i think i remember something like that, and hugs is also a package, but i think
it is in non-free, since it don't has proper licensing.

i also think ghc is in the same case, ...

i guess the DFSG is not adapted to packaging software developped by
universities and the like, because they can not afford to have it free software
without at least some kind of recognition clause ...

but then they say all haskell researcher where bought by microsoft ...

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER