Re: netcdf .debs available

On Thu, Dec 03, 1998 at 02:44:26PM +0200, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
>   As I needed that one to run GMT, I tried to built it from sources,
> since no binary .deb was available. But it stopped with a compiler
> error in src/ncgen/genlib.c.
>   I checked in the netcdf home page (www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf)
> and found out that someone had the same problem in LinuxPPC. So I just
> applied his solution to the problem, and the package(s) built with no probs.
> The change was to remove a line in the failing file at about line 1200:
> #define fpr (void).... or sth like that...
>   I would update the sources myself, but I haven't been much into diff use,
> and maybe this should be done byt someone that knows better. All I can really
> do now, is to provide the binary .deb files in my home space:
>
> http://www.uoa.gr/~kmargar/debian/math
>
>   Hope that helps someone.

1) on how to use diff :

before modification, you copy the file to file.orig then you do :

diff -u path/from/package/root/file.orig path/from/package/root/file
>package.diff

2)

i think there is already a debian package for the GMT, so there should be a
maintainer listed in the package description file. File a bug against the GMT
package and describe the problem, and send your solution, in patch form if you
were able to do it, if not just like this mail.

3)

ask the maintainer if you should send the diff also to the upstream authors,
or if he will do it.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER