Video on PPC 5500

I had mklinux installed on a PowerPC 5500 (the model with the monitor
built-in). It ran perfectly well, except that it didn't recognized my
NE2000 PCI ethernet car... :-(

I decided to go for LinuxPPC and put a new kernel (2.1.103) used quik
and bootvars.
I changed my OF settings like this :
input device : kbd
output-device : /bandit/ATY,RAGEII_M@12
(the onbord chip is marked with :
  3D RAGEII +DVD
  215GT 2UB23
  BAX76
...)

when I boot into OF I hardly see the screen (it's extremly dark and hard
to read). Then under linuxppc it remains very dark ! Thus I don't want to
ruin my eyes... Am I missing something ?

under OF a "dev / ls" says that the video should be
264GT-B (or 264GT). The first gives the same result as RAGEII_M@12
and 264GT totally fails !

Please help !

--
Jean-Michel Rouet (thesard Dpt ITI) | Tel   : +33 298 001 057
ENST de Bretagne                    | email : JM.Rouet@enst-bretagne.fr