glibc headers and cross compiling.

Hello, ...

since some time i am trying to build a m68k -> ppc cross compiler, but
i  had problems with the glibc includes.

i was told that it was a bad idea to try to cross compile glibc but i
still want the cross compiler to compile some kernels and other packages
.

since i wanted to compile the kernel with the cross compiletr and right
now i have gklibc1.99.x installed, i tried to build the cross compiler
with the installed include. it should make no difference to the lkernel,
right ?

but egcs1.0.3 complained that it didn't find stdio-lock.h who is part of
glibc2.0.x but not glibc1.99.x.

is there any possibility that some people who have the new glibc
installed can make a tar ball of the corresponding includes ? will it
cause problems if i compile a cross compiler with glibc2.0.x and there
is no glibc2.0.X on the target system ? i don't understand why this
includes are needed since the cross compiler will never run on the
target, and the resulting executable will belinked to the available
glibc (i.e. 1.99.x) and the kernel is not using glibc anyway.

is there any good reason why someone don't compile a the slink glibc
and  make the resulting debian packages available in ftp.debian.org ?
how are we supposed to test this distribution if some vital elements
like glibc are missing ? or is it only for a restricted circle who
already have glibc available ? and don't ask why i don't compile glibc
myself, until i (or someone else) fix the scsi driver for my controller,
i don't have enough space on my ide drive (and no money to buy a new
one:(), and for that i need a working cross compiler ...

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER