Re: Uploaded glibc-pre2.1 2.0.92-0.1 (source powerpc all) to master

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Hartmut Koptein wrote:

> > > Changes:
> > >  glibc-pre2.1 (1:2.0.92-0.1) unstable; urgency=low
[snip]
> >       Oh, an BTW: I don't like that epoch... when the other
> > architectures reach 2.1, I would like all of them to be without any
> > epoch.
>
> Sorry, but we need it! We need it really!

Epochs should not be used unless they are REALLY necessary; and since the
powerpc port has never been released yet, I doubt it's needed. A minor
early development mistake/bug should NOT propagate epochs on critical
packages like glibc for future releases.

The epoch system is not a feature, it's just a workaround when upstream
maintainers use weird numbering schemes...

	Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS                 vincent@{waw.com,pipo.com,debian.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:           Pipo:                    WAW:               -