Ok. After some fun with Open Firmware, I can boot as I like. However, I
have grown impatient of the X 3.3.3 debian relase, and have installed the
bastard version.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to have a /dev/fb* device. And Xpmac doesn't
work, of course. Please, what are the correct arguments to mknod to create
the frame buffer device?

(hmm. I don't see a deb xemacs anywhere. n.b. xemacs 20.4 does not
configure on ppc. But 21.0 is quite stable. But it has it's own packaging
system. What to do.)

New Year's Eve is the time of year when a man most feels his age,
and his wife most often reminds him to act it.
		-- Webster's Unafraid Dictionary