Re: Installing debian on ppc

On Wed, Dec 02, 1998 at 10:40:31PM +0100, Petter Abrahamsson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just joined the debian-powerpc list and I have some questions. First is
> there a slightly more detailed installation description than the one on the
> Debian website (the one under the powerpc port)?
> Any pointers to which machines that are currently supported?
> And last, what is the current state of the debian-powerpc distribution?

For the first and third - well, sort of :)  We're in a state of flux at
the moment; we don't really have an installer that works, but we have
all the components of a working system.  You'll need some kind of
linuxppc boot already present (or possibly the install floppy and a lot
of patience) to install.

Every machine supported by LinuxPPC is supported; basically any
powermac with PCI, PReP, CHRP, and MBX machines, as well as a few
oddballs.

Dan