linux-2.1.129

finally!

after many trials and tribulations i have managed to compile a
pristine kernel source (from ftp.kernel.org) using make-kpkg on a
debian powerpc system. i had to make one small change to
/usr/lib/kernel-package/rules as my system identifies itself as a
"Power Macintosh" not a PowerMac. right now the console is totally
screwed up, but i can telnet in. i'll take a look at the linuxppc
configuration to see if i am doing something wrong. x works, using the
fb server.

it is very nice to see this:

Connected to trinculo.lbl.gov.
Escape character is '^]'.
Debian GNU/Linux slink trinculo.lbl.gov

trinculo login: romosan
Password:
Linux trinculo 2.1.129 #18 Thu Nov 19 09:22:29 PST 1998 ppc unknown

Copyright (C) 1993-1998 Software in the Public Interest, and others

Most of the programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are
freely redistributable; the exact distribution terms for each program
are described in the individual files in /usr/doc/*/copyright

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |