Re: sources?

Previously Josh Huber wrote:
> Where could I find the source packages for the powerpc .deb files?  Is
> there an equivilant to source rpms in the debian world, or is it done
> another way?

Powerpc uses the same sources as all other architectures for Debian do.
Please look at ftp://ftp.debian.org/pub/debian/dists/unstable/main/source/
or any mirror.

The sources come in 2 or 3 parts: a tarball with the original sourcs,
a diff to the Debian version (not present for Debian-only packages)
and a .dsc file which lists the previous files with their md5sums.

You can extract these using "dpkg-source -x package.dsc" .

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl